To add a cent to this thread, I think it would also be a *great*
progress for those of us who imagine using Pootle on a large scale to
be able to run "svn update" from Pootle *automatically* (ie in a cron
job or so).

For this we would need to have something that does that update *and*
updates Pootle statistics or solves conflicts just like the "Update"
link does inside Pootle.

It would be, for me, much much more interesting than support for the
gazillionth VCS on earth..:-)