Hi,

sorry for being a little bit lazy during the last two weeks :(

> I guess you and Lars are more knowledgeable now to tackle this than I
> am. I don't know to what extent the merging code in Pootle that use the
> version control code should / can also be moved to the toolkit, but this
> is at least a start.

from my point of view, the merging code feels like it should belong to the
toolkit as well. But I did not really take a close look at the toolkit, yet.

Right now I am working on a patch that will:
- prepare to replace the currently shell based command execution with a safer
way of calling the scm programs directly
- replace currently shell based actions like "mv" with the respective python
functions
(these are two TODOs of the versioncontrol.py file)
As I feel more comfortable with testing the code while it is still a part of
pootle, I wanted to do this before moving the code to the toolkit.
Afterwards I will happily take part in simplifying the search-parent-dir code
and moving the scm support to the toolkit.

I just wanted to let you know that I did not just vanish into thin air ...

best wishes,
Lars