Thanks for checking out. I'll gather as much data as I can about these. I quickly did earlier about mountall, and this one seems off the hook.

On a side note my first try with fstab was strange : before startx, during the boot, a message indicated that it tried to mount my USB drive, like it expected to be plugged in before startup. It might be standard behaviour though.
I thought it was recongnized when plugged in.
Either way, I have barely scratched the surface on fstab, I might be able to solve this by myself.

Worst case, I still can mount manually, which is the safest solution. I just wish I could be able to configure automount from a minimal system. I'll try what you suggested, thanks again :)