Marlin wrote:
> I see the  Law as being behind our will.  In other words,
> what makes us able to choose to do right, what makes
> us want to choose to do what is right, this is all the work
> of the Law in our lives.  The law has the power to do
> this by setting the definition of right from wrong.

You seem to keep ignoring Romans 7.  We are not able to choose to do right
simply by the law.

Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, YE ALSO ARE BECOME DEAD TO THE LAW BY THE
BODY OF CHRIST; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is
raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, WHICH WERE BY
THE LAW, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto DEATH.
Rom 7:6 But NOW WE ARE DELIVERED FROM THE LAW, that being dead wherein we
were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness
of the letter.
Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came,
sin revived, and I died.

Read carefully the next verse:

Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good
thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good
I find not.

You wrote that the law makes us able to choose to do right.  This is not
what Paul says in Roman 7:18.  Paul said, "how to perform that which is good
I find not."  This is describing life under the law without the Spirit of
Christ within us.

Is it possible that you have not yet experienced the Holy Spirit as per
Romans 8?  Is it possible that you know only of the life of Romans 7, the
life of being under law?  I'm just asking, not accusing.  You seem to keep
dodging Romans 7, and I don't know if it is because you don't understand
Romans 7 or if we are just not communicating very well.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida  USA