----- Original Message -----
Sent: 01/26/2003 3:30 PM
Subject: [TruthTalk] God and war

Looking back on my life as an American citizen, I can remember world war two, the Korean "conflict, the Viet Nam thing, Desert Storm, Panama, Haiti, Bosnia, the Taliban, and now back to Iraq.  Very few of my sixty-nine years have been spent when we were not at war with someone.  WW two I can understand.  We were attacked.  It was self defense.  The others seem to have been fought because it was in our "national interest".

You've been conned, Terry.

In any case ...

First, as the old gospel song says, "This world is not my home, I'm just a passin' through".

"Now then we are ambassadors for Christ ..."  II Corinthians 5:20

Do ambassadors "fight" for the country unto which they are an ambassador?

My sights are set on "a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God" (Hebrews 11:10) as ye olde heroes of the faith.

Second, I stopped "pledgin" to the flag long ago.  It just doesn't set well with me Scripturally speaking.

Third, I avoid buying anything 'Made in China' (that eliminates most shopping at WalMart) and teach the same.  Persecution (including killing) of believers abounds there.  Harvesting of organs for transplantation from political prisoners (i.e. believers) is an atrocity of Mengele proportions that is at least equivalent to the Holocaust.  Transplantation is an unScriptural, unethical and medical sham before even getting into the ramifications of harvesting organs from others for any reason.

I also teach to stay out of McDonald's.  I rarely ever went there anyway (there are PUHLENTY of reasons NOT to go into that place) but a few years ago they made a VERY public press release INVITING homosexuals and transsexuals to apply with them because they believed part of their success was due to their "diversity".  I understand that such people are in many businesses anyway, but when a company makes a very public PROMOTION to do so they are automatically on my boycott list.

Personally, (as in OPINION COMING Izzy -- although a Scripturally sound opinion) I think impending judgment upon this nation from The Most High is only a scant matter of time.  I also believe it is very clearly foretold in Scripture "for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear what The Spirit saith" to His called out ones.

Ahava b' YahShua
(Love in The SAVIOUR)

Baruch
YHVH,