Perry,

Obviously I am saved by the grace of God through faith in the shed Blood of
Jesus Christ.  Not one thing I do can erase a single sin from my life. "She
who is forgiven much, loves much," and I have been forgiven of much! I never
claimed to be "under the Law" as you and your itching-for-an-argument
friends keep contending.

This does not mean I disregard God's Commandments just because, "God will
have to forgive me no matter what I do/don't do," as so many "Christians"
seem to believe today. I do think one can grieve the Holy Spirit and incur
severe judgment for it. I love His Commandments. I rejoice in obeying Him.
NOT because I am trying to earn my salvation, but because I am grateful that
I am saved, and I LOVE HIM!!!

I think a big misunderstanding is happening here because there is a distinct
difference between JUSTIFICATION (which is given to us automatically when we
receive Christ as Lord), and SANCTIFICATION (which is something we work on,
in cooperation with God's grace, throughout our lives.)

I think Jerry Bridges stated it well in "The Discipline of Grace":
"Justification and sanctification are inseparable. God never gives one
without the other. Both have their source in the infinite love and free
grace of God. Both are accomplished by faith. In justification we rely on
what Christ did FOR us. In sanctification we rely on Christ to work IN us by
His Holy Spirit. I justification, as well as regeneration, God acts in
alone. In sanctification He works in us BUT ELICITS OUR RESPONSE TO
COOPERATE WITH HIM. .... Our part, that is, our response to the HS's work
and our cooperation with Him in His work is the pursuit of holiness."

People who belittle those seeking after holy obedience to God are a reproach
to God's grace. I am sure that is not what those screaming "I am all
grace/no law" seek to do, but that is how it comes across.

By the way, I'm glad you liked the website.  However my Webmaster (ie:
husband) is WAY behind on updating it!!! Soon I hope to have some of my
quilts on it.

Izzy