> Slade wrote:
> >1. Inadvertent sin -- the "oops" we all in
> > TruthTalk do once in a *great* while.
>
> What evidence do you have that everyone at some point sins
> inadvertently?  Isn't this really just an excuse for the sin of
> carelessness?

Shalom Aleichem, David!

The Evidence: FOR ALL HAVE SINNED and fall short of the glory of YHVH. The
sacrifices listed in Vayikra/Leviticus are for inadvertent sins. There are
NO SACRIFICES for intentional or rebellious sins. Its witness is found in
the concept "For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge
of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a terrifying
expectation of judgment and the fury of a fire which will consume the
adversaries. Anyone who sets aside the Law of Moses dies without mercy on
the testimony of two or three witnesses."

No I don't think so. An excuse for carelessness is willful sin. When I look
down and I'm speeding by four miles and hour, I HATE IT. I just sinned
inadvertently because YHVH tells me I need to obey the laws of the land
(except in the obvious perversions) and I do everything I can to be obedient
to Him.

Aleichem Shalom. slade