I know this will manufacture or engender a bit of grief, so I apologize at
the forefront.

Paul was a Pharisee before his conversion and claimed his Pharisaic
"membership" even at the close of his life. Many from the sect of the
Pharisees were believers as well (a testimony we never hear regarding the
supposed Zadok descendants: the Saducees). The Pharisees saw "sin" as rated
in three categories:

1. Inadvertent sin -- the "oops" we all in TruthTalk do once in a *great*
while.

2. Intentional sin -- the sin we do in spite of the fact that we know its
wrong... the "who cares" kind of sin that we in TruthTalk *never* do.

3. Rebellion/Iniquity -- The sin we do BECAUSE it is sin... the "Yeah? Well,
&%#$-you! That's WHY I'm doing it" sin we in TruthTalk *never* do.

When reading this passage penned by Paul, please consider which type of sin
he could be referring to. Perfection is attainable for us all. Mistakes (the
*oops*) are made, by the way, by those who are trying.

When something "reigns" in our life, we submit to it. This excludes the
"oops" in our lives.

-- slade

By the way, one "definition" I heard regarding Biblical "perfection" is
"whole-hearted."