> > DAVEH:  Do you really consider me to be a (false) prophet, Dean?  Or do
> you keep me more at the (false) teacher level?  As you know, I have never
> claimed to be a prophet, nor do I want anybody to think I am such.  I don't
> even consider myself being a
> > teacher, and I don't quite understand why TT folks think I am (falsely)
> teaching on TT.
>
>  Dean writes:
>  DaveH I consider there to be no difference between a false teachers and a
> false prophet-not did the early scholars. The words you teach

DAVEH:  ???   This is where you are losing me, Dean.

> are the same
> as a false prophet. You are speaking of different heavens /different
> hell/different judgement to come and a different Jesus-Many of these are
> future event-future predictions. Therefore you qualify as one.

DAVEH:  When asked my opinion as to what I believe, I have endeavored to
answer......and from that you are considering me a teacher/prophet.  Is that correct,
Dean?

> The one you
> promote (Joe. Smith)

DAVEH:  I dispute that.  I do not recall promoting JS on TT.  If you truly believe
that, please quote where I have done so.  Otherwise your claim is a rather shallow
attempt to portray me as something I'm not.

> also gave future predictions that failed to come
> true-that puts him in this category of false prophet and due to the fact
> that you speak his words there is no difference-you and him are one in
> purpose and words-you and him are the same.

DAVEH:  Hmmmmm......you certainly don't hesitate to draw interesting conclusions,
Dean!   <VBG>

> >     As I see it, I have offered my opinion on what I think the Bible says
> about certain doctrines.  And I have answered questions regarding my (LDS)
> beliefs.  Mainly I have been quizzing TTers like yourself as to what
> they/you believe and why.  So how
> > does my curiosity make me a teacher in your eyes???
>
> Dean writes:
>  I see far more than just curiosity with your teachings-You are promoting
> Mormonism and are trying to add to you church.

DAVEH:  I would be tempted to suggest you are paranoid, Dean.  But you might think I'd
be attacking your character!  :-)

> You believe in Mormonism

DAVEH:  Agreed.

> and
> have a hope some/all here will except your beliefs as truth and you want to
> be accepted as a christian.

DAVEH:  I only want to be accepted by the Lord.  As for being "accepted as a
christian", I am curious how/why some TTers appear to have a double standard for
defining 'Christian'.  I certainly believe The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day
Saints is a
Christian church....whether or not you or anybody else accepts us as such really isn't
much concern to me.  I am just interested in knowing how some Christians try to narrow
their definition of 'Christian' to eliminate those who have contrasting beliefs.

> In doing so you are serving you master as we are
> serving ours. You are very careful in you speech

DAVEH:  In this Forum, if one makes a mistake and says something that could be
interpreted in a different way, a lot of folks seem to get their noses bent all out of
shape.  Yes Dean......I choose my words carefully, lest I receive another rebuke from
you.

> that is why you keep
> asking the same questions over and over again-questions are safe and can
> lead others into mistakes.

DAVEH:  Again Dean, you are conjuring up monsters in your mind.  I repeatedly ask the
same question because some folks fear I am going to bloody their noses.  For instance,
I believe that is why you were reluctant to answer my questions to you about
why/how you were 'called' to street preach.   When I assured you I wasn't trying to
bloody your nose, you explained your background....and I appreciate it.  I don't know
how many times I have to tell the folks on TT.....I'm not here to draw blood!  If any
TTer feels I'm trying to battle to the death......please bring it to my attention.  I
much prefer to have open communication in a friendly non threatening manner.
IMO......Little is learned from boxing matches, except it demonstrates the stupidity of
those who engage in it.

> Questions don't always reveal truth-they
> question truth but the answers are never heard by you. How many times have
> you asked me this very same question.

DAVEH:  What question???

> Ten? Twenty? perhaps more?

DAVEH:  From my perspective, many of the answers I hear really aren't
answers......they seem to be evasive maneuvers.  And, I have found that not all
Protestants/TTers think alike.......so, I think it is important to ascertain how each
TTer I converse
with understands doctrines of Christianity.

> --------------------------------
> >
> >     BTW.....Related to this, do you feel I have been trying to convert
> TTers to Mormonism?
>
>  Dean writes:
>  Yes-with out a doubt ( That was the reason you sent me the Book of
> Mormon)

DAVEH:  LOL.........I don't recall all the details, Dean, but I think the reason I
sent it to you is because you asked for it.  (And...you have subsequently have asked
for another, have you not!)

> -the only difference you are going about it a lot slower then we
> are-you word/style indicate that are a very patient man with hope of long
> term gain.

DAVEH:  You might have a little gem of truth their, Dean.  As I get older, I do tend
to be more patient.  But don't for a minute think that I sent you the BofM in hopes of
converting you in the long term.

> The kindness you offer -even to me- has/is effective and
> appreciated by Christians

DAVEH:  I am glad to hear that.  If any TTers would learn anything from me, I hope it
will be 'courtesy'.

> and in time you will/have convert some on this
> list to your way of thinking to different degrees.

DAVEH:  ROTFLOL......You give me far too much credit in this vein, Dean!  If I offer a
gem of truth (such as Jesus has a body of flesh and bones) that brings a measure of
discussion that leads to a few changing their beliefs to coincide with mine IF my
perspective is the correct one.....is that not good, Dean?  And IF I offer an opinion
that is wrong.....their are a whole slew of TTers who can explain why it is wrong.

> Most may never fully
> convert but the corruption will/is still be present never the less. Beware
> of those that come in sheep clothing Every time I return I see gain on your
> part

DAVEH:  ???   With whom am I gaining?  Do you really think I've persuaded anybody in
TT to believe a false doctrine???  Who and what was the doctrine?

> -the old saying that it is easier to catch flied with honey then
> vinegar has truth in it. I don't offer honey

DAVEH:  I've noticed.

> I offer truth as told in God's
> word.So in the sort term you will win this debate

DAVEH:  How's that, Dean?  What battles have I won in TT?  (I admit that there may be
a few people who now believe Jesus has a body of flesh and bones who may not have
believed such before.....but even you agree that it is good for TTers to believe such.
So.....isn't that good!)

> as my truth will always
> be at an disadvantage in this world-for the whole will/must hate
> me.Therefore logic will dictate that this world will love you and hear you-
> not me.

DAVEH:  I find those comments to be interesting, Dean.  It almost gives me a feel for
why (your justification) you street preach as you do.  Thank you for sharing it with
me.

> With this in mind-I know that God will draw out his number for it
> is foretold that His number will be complete.

Dave Hansen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.langlitz.com
If you wish to receive