Charles Perry Locke wrote:

DavidH,

I had asked you to answer few questions regarding mormon heaven(s) last
Thursday, and have not seen an answer. Either I missed them, or you have not
answered them. If you do not intend to answer them, that is fine, but please
let us know why.

DAVEH:  No Perry, I had not intended to answer them for several reasons.  First, I didn't think you were sincerely wanting to know what I believe relative to the questions you asked.  Second, much of what you asked would involve speculation on my part, as there is much not yet revealed.  Third, my answering would have opened myself up to an attack by others on TT, so I am reluctant to do so when my only defense would be to introduce LDS passages that are difficult to substantiate with Bible passages.  Forth and most important.....I simply do not have enough time to address everything that is tossed at me.  So, I tend to be selective in my replies.  And of course, I tend to choose threads that interest me, of which the questions you asked do not do much for me.  As I have said before, I'm more interested in finding out what you and other TTers believe rather than expound LDS doctrines.
Here is a synopsis of the discussion with my original questions:

DAVEH:  I've explained this before, and will be happy to explain it
again.  NO.....I don't believe one has to be LDS (a Mormon) to enter
heaven.

Perry: Here we have another example of Mormons using words to mean different
things than Christians.

DAVEH:  Perry, I know you are bothered about my differing definitions.  I am quite aware that we (LDS) define many things differently.  And, I have tried to acknowledge those differences whenever chatting with TTers in those areas.  I'm have not been trying to hide behind them, but rather have pointed them out.  What do I get in return....???....ridicule, IMO.  After awhile, I tire of getting my nose punched.  So......I much prefer to choose to chat with those who are a little more forgiving (I'm not sure that is quite the right word in THIS forum) of the disparity of differences between our beliefs and allow the exchanges to progress without bringing a bunch of nonsense and silliness to the threads.

    Another reason for my reluctance to express my thoughts about your below questions is just what we've been talking about.....differing definitions.  When you ask such things about a "Mormon "heaven"" as you do when you ask me which heaven Hitler will enter.....you put me in a precarious position.  Like Blaine has said about some of the TT posts.....you set up straw men and then knock them down.   Now if I answer question #5 as you want me to, there is no way I can come out of this without a broken nose.   Interestingly, I have previously answered that question here, but it was prior to you joining TT.   Let me tell you, my answer was not very popular with other TTers, and I took quite a bit of heat for it.  (Simply discussing it on TT brought a rebuke from Carroll.)

    Let me just summarily answer #5 for you in a simple way, Perry.  I'm not the judge of anybody, including Hitler.  While I have doubts about him progressing very far in "the Mormon heaven", I do not believe he will end up in a literal lake of fire and brimstone as do many Protestants.  I believe any punishment he will receive will be spiritually and mentally related, as he will probably end up separated a significant distance from the love of our Lord.

    Interestingly, from what I understand about the beliefs of many Protestants, if he simply repented and said something like a confessional prayer and accepted Jesus on his death bed, he would qualify for salvation.   Isn't that correct, Perry?  Yet I don't think there are many Christians who would admit such.  The question then becomes whether or not he saw the evil of his acts and made a death bed repentance.  I would think there are few people who could answer that question with surety.

Dave, can you please answer these questions regarding the Mormon "heaven":

1. Aren't there three levels of heaven (a.k.a. kingdoms)?

2. What are the conditions for entering each of the three levels?

3. Will non-mormons ever enter the celestial (3rd) kingdom?

4. What is required of a Mormon to enter the celestial kingdom?

5. Which heaven will those such as Hitler enter?

Perry

--
Dave Hansen