From: Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Adams FALL UPWARD
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 01:04:58 -0800

Charles Perry Locke wrote:

> >From: Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> >Charles Perry Locke wrote:
> >
> > > DaveH,
> > >
> > > Okay, now I get it. You are here to learn what Protestants believe.
> >
> >DAVEH: Thank you, Perry. Though I must admit.......I am slightly tempted
> >to keep believing you really don't believe me! <VBG>
>
> Well, for the sake of this group I believe you, even though my gut tells me
> otherwise. Political correctness is the all the rage!

DAVEH: Why do I think your arm has been severely twisted to get you to this point....

> >BTW......I wish you really would explain to me what actions I do that lead
> >you to believe I'm here for other reasons than what I've stated. I'm a
> >bit blind to my own idiosyncrasies, so if I'm doing something wrong by
> >others' standards, I'd like to know what it is so I can attempt to improve
> >my weaknesses. (And no, g.......that is not an opening to kick me in the
> >butt with a snide remark! LOL)
>
> Actually, I have covered this several times in the past with you. If I want
> to make good on my statement that I believe you, then I have to say there
> are no actions of yours that disagree with your stated reasonss, even though
> my experience tells me otherwise.

DAVEH: I have no idea of what you just tried to say, Perry. It seems to me I either am doing something that irritates you or not....which is it???

> > Now let me say something else about my tenure in TT.......I have
> >experienced a few side benefits:
> >
> > 1) My typing skills have improved immensely
> > 2) My TV wasting time has decreased
> > 3) I think I suffer less work related stress due to my TT involvement
> > 4) I waste a lot less time sleeping
> > 5) I've learned a lot of things about my religion of choice that I had
> >not considered before
> > 6) I've learned far more about Protestantism than what most TTers might
> >think (And conversely, I've learned a lot less about why Protestants
> >believe the way they do than what I would have thought.)
> > 7) I've met some really nice folks in TT
> > 8) I've discussed things I've learned on TT in some of the Church
> >meetings I attend
> >
> > My regrets are that I cause so many TTers distress in the way I
> >conduct myself on TT. For that I feel sorry and offer my
> >apologies......though I'm not sure I want to change my behavior simply to
> >please TTers who would prefer I reject that which I
> >believe.
>
> I am in no distress about the way you conduct yourself on TT. In the past I
> was distressed because the way you conducted yourself did not match the
> reasons you said you were here. But, that has all changed now,

DAVEH: ???? How have I changed? I can't quite figure out how you manage to confuse me with every statement you are now making about my purpose for being here related to my actions. Though I may have my blinders on, I sure don't understand what I am
now doing differently. Any other TTers want to comment?

> in that I
> believe you are here only for the reasons you stated, even though my gut and
> my experience tell me otherwise.
>
> Besides, if I felt that you were here for reasons other than what you state,
> I would not ask you to change your behavior, in which I find no fault; I
> would ask you to restate your reason in light of your behavior.

DAVEH: LOL......I am amazed at what you are saying in this post, Perry. Now that I think about it, there is one more reason I enjoy TT (though I am not here specifically for this reason)......and that is for the entertainment value! Sometimes TTers
say some pretty interesting things........and, I think your reluctant comments to be politically correct in this post are about as interesting as anything I have yet seen on TT!!! ROTFLOL

BTW......I am not saying that to offend you. As a moderator, I assume you have enough insight to understand why I am finding you so funny today.

--
Dave Hansen

Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee when you click here. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963

"Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought
to answer every man."  (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org