Terry wrote: I was also raised in Kentucky and can verify that there was an old Hebrew living there at the time. Mystery solved!

But, Terry, the coin is from the second century. I doubt that you were there back then...but I could be mistaken! <VBG>

I found an article that says a farmer in Clay, Kentucky, found the coin in his pig pen in 1952. Now, that makes me wonder how those two, the Hebrew coin and the pig pen, found one another. I'll bet that would make an interesting story! http://www.econ.ohio-state.edu/jhm/arch/barkokhb.htm.

Perry