In a message dated 1/9/2005 7:49:03 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

John  >  How am I doing?

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life." -- John 5.24

I think we're close, John.

By the way, Michael got third place again yesterday, but wrestled his best tournament of the year. He's learning to slow down the match and wrestle with more control. He got a bad draw and had to wrestle a state champ from last year in the first round (112 lbs last year, 140 this year. hmmmmm) and got beat 5-4 on a reversal in the third. From there he won out. I didn't see anything in the kid that got 2nd that would make me think Michael couldn't have handled him, at least the way they were both wrestling yesterday. Michael used your advice in his final match and beat a kid 13-6. Almost all of the points were scored on take downs and releases. Michael just didn't give him opportunity to work him from the bottom -- reversals and those dreaded 5-point reversal-to-back moves that have got him in trouble in other tournaments. Great advice. When Michael had to wrestle on top, he used a two (hands) on one (arm) that Tyler taught him over their break. Tyler had a half-dozen or more things he could do from that position. Michael doesn't have it all figured out yet, but did a good job with it, controlling his opponents.

Talk to you later,

Bill

Awesome for Michael.   Wrestling your strengths and avoiding your weaknesses is a great strategy  -   but it only works for those who can be honest about this apprasial.   I am sure Michael knows this, also,  but the very best set up for standing take-downs is to get the opponent to follow you.   That circling back wards action keeps Mike close to the mat's edge for easy retreat (under the pretense of aggressiveness) but it also keeps his opponent leaning/moving forward,   making it almost impossible to get his feet away when attacked.

John

Feb is coming on and March is around the corner and the summer will soon be here  !!!

Time flies when we are having fun.