Izzy wrote:
> I agree that DaveH is a kindly person of exemplary
> manners-his words are always loving.  However,
> is it loving to try to evangelize others to a damning
> religion? I think not.

We do have to be careful how we interpret love.  I'm sure Jesus did not
appear to be loving the times he went into the Temple and turned over the
tables and forcibly kept people from entering the Temple.

Consider this scenario.  Suppose we accept as fact that those who practice
homosexuality will be excluded from the kingdom of God and suffer severe
punishment for their practice of homosexuality.  Then consider the following
two people:

1.  Jack tells him:  You need to Repent!  The kingdom of God is forbidden to
you except you repent.  Stop your sinning, and get right with God.

2.  Sam tells him:  No worries, my good friend.  You are alright by me.  I
like you.  You are such a great person in God's eyes.  God loves you so
much, and so do I.

Now which of these two people, given the facts established, should be
considered to be the most loving?  I think it would be Jack.

Proverbs 27:5-6
(5) Open rebuke is better than secret love.
(6) Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are
deceitful.