Terry Clifton wrote:
Charles Perry Locke wrote:

Dave,
  Read the Bible, Dave. It tells it all.
Perry

Sounds like good advice, Dave.  I wouldn't dismiss it lightly.
Terry
DAVEH:   OK Terry......rather than dismiss this lightly, let me hear your explanation of hell.  Do you believe it is a literal lake of fire into which those who don't believe in Jesus are tossed to suffer a physical punitive torture forever as do some TTers?   Or....do you believe as Perry and I, that..............

Hell is separation from God for eternity. It may feel like a fire burning in you that cannot be quenched.

.........and that the accounts of it were symbolic?  In fairness to Perry, he implied that he simply doesn't know if it is literal or symbolic, because from his reading of the Bible his understanding of theology is not perfect.   I know you've read the Bible, Terry.......so I'm very interested in knowing your perspective on hell.

--
Dave Hansen