In a message dated 3/18/2005 8:32:34 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

John S. wrote:
>What so many do not understand or refuse
>to understand, is that the Gospel has nothing
>to do with the right church, the right creed,
>the right doctrine but everything to do with
>loving God, loving self and loving those around
>us ( the neighbor).

I agree wholeheartedly with the point you are trying to make here, but not
with the exclusiveness of the words you have chosen to express it (e.g.,
"has nothing to do with ...").

Fine but keep in mind that I am speaking of the "Gospel."   My relationship with the Lord is based in God, self and others.    When I speak of the "right church," I speak of the buildings and wall of separation that provides edifice on the horizens around us and blocks out the true light of God.   When I speak of "right creed,"  I speak of the exlusionary "arrival at truth" that finds us at odds with others (sectarism)  and in denial of such thoughts as I Co 8:1-3.  When I speak of "right doctrine,"  I speak of a personal confidence in one's ability to think and interpret  --   an "intellectual process" that undeniably provides me with exactly what God had in mind when He speaks or writes something.

JD

Glad you agree.