What is so complicated with this perspective?

It does not fit the LDS preconceived indoctrination mindset

David Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
DAVEH wrote:
> I think this is an example where Occam's Razor applies.
> Why make some convoluted assumptions when the obvious
> makes much more sense....unless it steps on the toes of
> traditional beliefs.

I think Kevin's perspective is the more simple one. The hurdle that your
perspective faces is the switch from "we" to "they" that Paul invokes.

Considering that the word "baptize" was not an ecclesiastical term, but one
that simply meant "immersing" and was used in the Greek secular writings
often in this way, is it not possible to you that some people washed dead
bodies before burying them? Why would they wash dead bodies? Maybe they
believed that they would rise again? Maybe it was a common cultural
practice just like we regularly preserve bodies with formaldehyde? What do
you think? What is so complicated with this perspective?