Judy  --   rather than lobbing bombs at BT  --  why not state your disagreement and offer your reasoning as the contrast  WITHOUT making it sound like BT is the enemy.  Further,  some of your questioning below makes it sound as though you believe that Christ is "up there somewhere" and we are down here AND that His work of saving man in the sight and mind of His Father is somehow incomplete.......that God in Christ is only about the hope of salvation   -------------   and nothing more  .....He did His part but that did not save a single soul  --    the rest is up to us!!!    If you guys can't see the beam in your own eyes,   how in the world do you honestly think you are going to share in this process of "becoming" that is, in fact, the Message of the Gospel?

JD

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 02:56:43 -0600
Subject: Fw: [TruthTalk] Jesus of the Bible

Bill in Green.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 5:13 PM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Jesus of the Bible

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 14:46:26 -0600 "Bill Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

It is not he who credits the Lord for his entire salvation who is "glorying" (i.e., boasting) but rather she who wants to take some of the credit herself, as in, "Jesus did His part ... but we have our part in this also, He can't take care of our part ..."

Well Bill - explain to me how Jesus who is in heaven at the right hand of the Father and walk after the Spirit for you every day?

Via the Holy Spirit, you know, "Christ in us, the hope of glory."

and explain to me how Jesus who is at the right hand of the Father can cast down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself
in your mind bringing every thought into obedience without your cooperation.

How is it that you move from our statement, "We participate in ..." to yours that these things take place "without [our] cooperation"? Did you draw a blank here or are you deliberately misrepresenting our position?

  True he went to the cross to do what you couldn't do for yourself.  Now how is he going to accomplish this other part (that you can do for yourself) from heaven?

Firstly, I do not agree with you that I can do anything to add to what Christ has already accomplished on my (our) behalf: "But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God -- and righteousness and sanctification and redemption."  Secondly, have you ever heard of the mediation of Christ? That is how.
BT: Ours is not a "do nothing stance", Judy; nor have we presented it as such. Rather it is as Lance stated: "We participate in that which He, the second Adam lived out from conception to ascension on our behalf." Bill
jt: Sure sounds that way from here. He lived his life fulfilling God's law - he went to the cross - he ascended.  So what is your part in all of it? How does this make you an overcomer in your own life?  jt
"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." -- Galatians 2:20
Bill
"But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God -- and righteousness and sanctification and redemption" --1Corinthians 1.30