who even after being baptized wanted to pay money to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.  Today if
someone rebuked a new believer as Peter did there they would be run out of church; today they
would just love them and put them in the choir.   judyt

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 08:37:31 -0400 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Why would you write this:   I think John's point is that in the Bible, people did not invite the Lord
into their lives through saying "the sinner's prayer."  Rather, they were
led into the waters of baptism rather than into saying a prayer
. ?

JD

-----Original Message-----
From: David Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 08:17:47 -0400
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] John 16:13,14

Izzy wrote:
> We see it all the time.  Did they leave that part out
> of your translation also?

I think John's point is that in the Bible, people did not invite the Lord
into their lives through saying "the sinner's prayer."  Rather, they were
led into the waters of baptism rather than into saying a prayer.  Do you
recognize this Izzy?

The sinner's prayer is not a Biblical way of leading people to faith in
Christ and the experience of being born again.  If anyone accepts this
method as valid, it is not because they learned it directly from the Bible.
Do you agree?