Sent: 12/14/2005 2:22:27 AM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Cross

EXACTLY what he finds weird.

DAVEH:   WWJD.........

    Have you ever wondered if Jesus feels like.......

I will cling to the old rugged cross

.........again.........or........do you think he wants to be reminded of.......

The emblem of suffering and shame

...........it he experienced on it?  Do you think Jesus feels the cross........

Has a wondrous attraction.......

.........For.......

'twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,

....which may not be something our Lord needs to be reminded about, so why do Christians think he'll..........

........cherish the old rugged cross,

.......Unless they feel he needs to be reminded of......

The emblem of suffering and shame;

.......it represents.

    IFF it wouldn't be surprising that Jesus would find such thinking weird, then why wouldn't Christians consider the feelings Jesus may have about the cross?
cd: Then tell me why does Jesus wears the marks of the cross on his body? Thomas was told to touch the nail prints in his hands and to trust his hand into the spear mark in his side-Christ wears them so that we will remember to give his glory for our salvation on the cross-that is why the cross is mentioned many times in the NT.The Cross is for the glory of Christ who went humbly there to die as a lamb lead to the slaughter.Yet Mormons claim that Smith was as a lamb lead to the slaughter-while killing two men and seriously wounding a third to keep from dying so he could keep from meeting God. John the Baptist according to history-on the other hand ran and placed his heard on the chopping block to meet God. Something strange is going on in Mormonland.

Kevin Deegan wrote:
Still waiting on Blaines explanation of EXACTLY what he finds weird.

ShieldsFamily <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
THE OLD RUGGED CROSS
On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
The emblem of suffering and shame;
And I love that old cross where the dearest and best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.
So I'll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it some day for a crown.
O that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
Has a wondrous attraction for me;
For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above
To bear it to dark Calvary.
So I'll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it some day for a crown.
In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
A wondrous beauty I see,
For 'twas on that old cr oss Jesus suffered and died,
To pardon and sanctify me.
So I'll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it some day for a crown.
To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;
Its shame and reproach gladly bear;
Then He'll call me some day to my home far away,
Where His glory forever I'll share.
So I'll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my t rophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it some day for a crown.
Yes, a lost person would think that those lyrics are “weird”, indeed.  iz