From: Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
/*The gospel didn't even have POWER until he was rose from the dead. */

DAVEH: Wow! I'd never heard that before, Perry. Is that something you just made up, or is that commonly believed by many Christians?

Dave, I take it you do not believe that statement, thinking I made it up, right?

Jesus had prophesied on many occasions that he would be raised up on the third day (Mat 16:21; 17:23; 20:19; 26:61; 27:63; Mark 8:31; 9:31; 10:34; Loke 9:22; 18:33; 24:6,7; 24:46). Had he not been resurrected on the third day, that would have made him a false prophet, and all that he said and did would have been for naught. (1 Cor 15:13).

Why did you think the guards were placed at the tomb? Why do you think the seal was placed on the tomb? (Mat 27:62-66)

Everything Jesus did and said was ultimately hinged on the resurrection. So, yes, the resurrection is what gives the gospel it's power.

Paul taught the resurrection: Acts 17:18

Power by the resurrection: Romans 1:4

If not risen, preaching and faith in vain: 1 Cor 15:13

The power of His resurrection: Phil 3:10

Begotten unto a lively hope by His resurrection : 1 Pet 1:3

Dave, do you still think I was making it up?

Perry