Dave,

Your diatribe below is full of conjecture and assumptions. You can't add conjecture and assumptions to scripture to make it mean what you want. That is called "scripture-twisting" and "proof-texting".

I ask again, "What did Paul preach that is not in the Bible? I will need Biblical references, as in book, chapter, and verse of course". Notice: no smilie.

Perry

From: Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] apostles and prophets
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 00:55:38 -0800

*what did Paul preach that is not in the Bible? I will need Biblical references*

DAVEH: The easy example is from 1Cor 15:29. I bet there was a shepherd there by the name of Perriwinkle Lockenstein who when he heard Paul say....

_/Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?/_

.....it somewhat confused him, so Perriwinkle asked Paul.......

/What do you mean, by _baptized for the dead_? Is that a pagan practice you are using to teach the Christian principle of the resurrection?/

......and I think Paul's response to Perriwinkle might have been something similar to this.........

Don't you know, little Perriwinkle, that _/For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ/_.....? And, surely you know that _/Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God/_. Wouldn't you think that those who never had the chance to be /baptized into Christ/ would like that opportunity?

As we know that _/even baptism doth also now save us/_, Jesus _/went and preached unto the spirits in prison/_ after his death. _/For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit/_. Do you not understand that Jesus said, _/He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved/_? Jesus also said, /_And whoso believeth not in me, and is not baptized, shall be damned_. /

For that reason, little Perriwinkle, it was not pagans I was referring to, but rather Christians are _/baptized for the dead/_, because they believe that baptism is a necessary covenant to make with the Lord in order to obtain salvation.

*book, chapter, and verse of course.*

DAVEH: *of course*........If you really want me to provide the references for the above quotes, Perry....I'd be happy to do so. But you smilie indicated you were not really seriously requesting such. However, it is easy enough for you to google each one that you want to reference.

Charles Perry Locke wrote:

/*Is it that you know Paul preached something that is not in the Bible? */

DAVEH:   Yes, I do think so.

Dave, *what did Paul preach that is not in the Bible? I will need Biblical references*, as in *book, chapter, and verse of course.* :-)

Perry

--
Dave Hansen