From: Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
BTW....Please don't understand my above comment to mean that I agree with your statement.

Don't worry, Dave. From past experience, I did not expect you to agree with my statement.

But, I'm not trying to argue with you about it....I just want to understand why you made it, and what you meant by it.

I think it is pretty clear...my statement merely sunmmarizes the scriptures I cited.

So, after you have taken the time to read the references in context, if you then do not agree, please let me know where we differ.

Perry

From: Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
/*_*The gospel didn't even have POWER until he was rose from the dead. *_*/

DAVEH: Wow! I'd never heard that before, Perry. Is that something you just made up, or is that commonly believed by many Christians?

*Dave, I take it you do not believe that statement, thinking I made it up, right? *

Jesus had prophesied on many occasions that he would be raised up on the third day (Mat 16:21; 17:23; 20:19; 26:61; 27:63; Mark 8:31; 9:31; 10:34; Loke 9:22; 18:33; 24:6,7; 24:46). Had he not been resurrected on the third day, that would have made him a false prophet, and all that he said and did would have been for naught. (1 Cor 15:13).

Why did you think the guards were placed at the tomb? Why do you think the seal was placed on the tomb? (Mat 27:62-66)

Everything Jesus did and said was ultimately hinged on the resurrection. So, yes, the resurrection is what gives the gospel it's power.

Paul taught the resurrection: Acts 17:18

Power by the resurrection: Romans 1:4

If not risen, preaching and faith in vain: 1 Cor 15:13

The power of His resurrection: Phil 3:10

Begotten unto a lively hope by His resurrection : 1 Pet 1:3
*
Dave, do you still think I was making it up? *

Perry

--
Dave Hansen