You are still blending the natures of Christ, Dean. The result is mixing you up. The Divinity of Christ was in no way tainted by his humanity. As God and man, Christ defeated sin in his own flesh, rendering it powerless in his resurrection from the grave. In the new birth we are born into his resurrection, new creatures; hence we are given life from beyond the tomb, where sin, death, and the devil cannot reach us -- if, that is, we daily put to death that old man who still wants to rear his head.

Dean, I say this with the utmost sincerity: You really do need to let go of your alloy view of Jesus; it can only confuse you.

Bill
----- Original Message -----
From: Dean Moore
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 6:05 AM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Was Jesus of God's Nature?

----- Original Message -----
From: Taylor
Sent: 1/31/2006 11:19:39 PM

cd writes: So I ask you How is one able to produce destruction for men while the other produces a quickening spirit for men?

And so it is written, "The first man Adam became a living being." The last Adam became a life-giving Spirit.

-- 1 Corinthians 15.45-47

The first Adam was made from dust and received from God the breath of life. His mandate was one: "Be fruitful and multiply." But rather than doing what he was told, Adam chose instead to do the inexplicable. Adam's sin brought death not only to himself but also to all of his descendants -- Jesus included. What did the first Adam produce? He produced death.

The second Adam was born into the fall of the first. But he was also God. In this one person of Christ God and man came together and accomplished what man alone could not do: the undoing of the first Adam. Throughout his life, Christ's response to the fall was not to sin, not to do what Adam had done, but to do his Father's will. Hence in his person, Christ reclaimed Adam's posterity (not to mention Adam himself), defeating what had brought death to them all. Then Christ paid the ultimate price: he died on their behalf. Ah, but because he had defeated in his own flesh that which had condemned the flesh of Adam, death had no power to hold him. Now in ascension the Second Adam sends his spirit to give life to those who could only die without him. Who is the Second Adam? He is the life-giving Spirit.

cd:Right-Then how can can the Second Adam be the same as the first? You guys are stating that Christ was no different than Hitler but Hitler was the same as the first Adam "exactly the same"-in the above you show the second Adam to be different. This is our point.If Christ was the same as the first we are still in our sins Bill.

dangerous content by Plains.Net, and is
believed to be clean.