A Dilluns, 20 de febrer de 2012 12:51:56, Albert Cervera i Areny va escriure:
> > For inline usage, why not using the same syntax as sphinx inline. It
> >
> > could be something like:
> >     :field:`ir.cron/user`
>
> What you suggest is named a role in sphinx terms. When I looked at the docs
> to find out how to implement this, my understanding was that I needed a
> Directive instead but I may be wrong. Will take a look at this.

I rechecked that, and I still think that we need the inline syntax I proposed.
The problem with sphinx's inline syntax is that you cannot have one role
inside another one so you cannot make your inline field bold, for example. So
the following is not allowed:

  *:field:`ir.cron/user`*

> > Also I'm wondering if all the directive should not have a prefix to
> > prevent collision with other extensions, perhaps: tryfield, tryview...
>
> I also thought about it, but decided not to do it this way because haven't
> seen other modules doing adding any kind of prefix. That said, if we
> eventually join menu and fields, we will probably want that to make it
> more
> understandable. Such as 'tryref' or something like this.

Latest changesets replaced the "menu" directive by the new "tryref". Field is
still called "field" because I don't think we can refer to fields using XML
ids,
do we?

--
Albert Cervera i Areny