Hi Khurram

On 2017-01-12 06:32, Khurram Shahzad wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > We have started implementing the Purchases module at our hospital.
> >
> > I processed the first purchase in the system from Quote to Receive goods
> > from Supplier. Then I posted the Supplier invoice and found following
> move
> > lines generated:
> > 1. Main Payable (supplier account): credit $500
> > 2. Main Expense: credit $500
> > 3. Medicine Stock: debit $500
> > 4. Main Expense: debit $500
> >
> > I am unable to understand why is Main Expense (which is set as Account
> > Expense for the product purchased) is first credited and then debited by
> > the same amount of $500? I think the lines 1 and 3 should be sufficient.
> >
> > Any thoughts?

It makes sens from an accounting point of view:

1/You first make a purchase:
Main Payable is credited: $500
Expenses is debited: $500

2/You then transfer the goods in your warehouse:
Medicine Stock debited: $500 (it increases)
Main Expenses credited: $500 (you remove it as expenses so that it won't
impact on your revenue statement)

At the end you have the only 2 transactions that do matter:
Main Payable is credited: $500
Medicine Stock debited: $500 (it increases)

Kind regards,

Armand