Dear Cedric,

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 7:59 PM, Cédric Krier <cedric.kr...@b2ck.com> wrote:

> On 2017-01-12 06:32, Khurram Shahzad wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > We have started implementing the Purchases module at our hospital.
> >
> > I processed the first purchase in the system from Quote to Receive goods
> > from Supplier. Then I posted the Supplier invoice and found following
> move
> > lines generated:
> > 1. Main Payable (supplier account): credit $500
> > 2. Main Expense: credit $500
> > 3. Medicine Stock: debit $500
> > 4. Main Expense: debit $500
> >
> > I am unable to understand why is Main Expense (which is set as Account
> > Expense for the product purchased) is first credited and then debited by
> > the same amount of $500? I think the lines 1 and 3 should be sufficient.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
>
> Please provide the list of modules activated and the accounting
> configuration of the product purchased.

Following are the modules activated:

account
account_asset
account_deposit
account_invoice
account_invoice_stock
account_payment
account_product
account_statement
account_stock_anglo_saxon
account_stock_continental
analytic_account
analytic_invoice
company
country
currency
dashboard
health.*
ir
party
product
product_price_list
purchase
res
sale
sale_invoice_grouping
sale_payment
sale_pos
sale_price_list
sale_shop
sale_w_tax
stock
stock_lot
stock_supply
webdav

> Also are all lines part of the
> same accounting move?

Yes, all lines are part of one accounting move. This move is recorded in
Expense journal. The origin of this move is 'invoice' with 'sup-invoice'.
Moreover, in this supplier invoice, there is only one invoice line which
also points to a stock move.

Thanks,
Khurram.