On Tue, 2008-23-09 at 02:06 +0200, Christopher Arndt wrote:

> iain duncan schrieb:
> > Hey folks, dunno if this is intentional or not, but easy_install
> > turbogears is now installing 1.1 beta.
> >
> > Shouldn't this default to 1.0.7?
>
> No, easy_install is always installing the latest version, that's
> available on the download page linked on the projects PyPI page.
>
> Thatswhy the official and supported installation method is the one
> described on http://docs.turbogears.org/Install using the tgsetup.py
> script, which will install the correct current stable version.

The last time we discussed this on here ( with Florent ) I'm pretty sure
everyone agreed that easy_install should install the latest release, not
the latest release candidate or beta. I haven't looked up the thread,
but that is my recollection, possibly erroneous. Florent, do you recall?

IMHO having it install a non release is really weird. I as a user would
always expect easy_install to give me something known good and expect to
have to ask specifically for a beta. Now I will defer to those in charge
of course, but I really believe this is a case of bad packaging and does
not contribute to our reputation in the marketing department. I'd like
to humbly request that this be brought up on the main list to see what
people actually are expecting.

my two cents
Iain