I've tried, but either the tests are wrong or it's just not supported:
http://trac.turbogears.org/changeset/5632

I'm afraid this can only be solved by someone who have played with Elixir,
which excludes me. If the problem is that I wrote the test bad, you should
only take care of the three files I added; if they're right and the tests
still don't pass, then the SQLAlchemy-powered plugin is not compatible with
Elixir (so you may try to make it compatible by looking at:
http://trac.turbogears.org/browser/projects/tgAuthorization/trunk/tgext/authorization/plugins/sql.py)

Cheers.