Hi,

Yes, I struggled with the number-of-files quota. Especially since I
got errors with zipped eggs. Currently I have 891 files, so still some
room for own files. This issue will be resolved since zipped imports
is possible. The problem I'm seing is related to setuptools, zipped
eggs and zip directory cache (http://code.google.com/p/appengine-
monkey/issues/detail?id=2). When using zipped imports you will have
plenty of room for own files.

As for database it's most logical to bypass both SO and SA. The app-
engine database layer is similar and should be used instead. Bigtable
is a different animal anyway.

I'm currently seing 3 seconds startup for the WSGI app, and warnings
from Google about starting up TurboGears takes too long time. The
following requests are quick, but the WSGI app is taken down after a
few minutes. I'll check the difference with a pure CP3 app. The main
problem seems to be that TurboGears imports many things globaly. This
is a general problem for WSGI apps that are not allowed to run for a
long time before being restarted. Need to check how long time the app
runs with constant traffic. Maybe it's not a big problem after all.

There are some big challanges ahead before it works properly as a TG
app, so I would wait with promoting it.

-- Dag