Am 13.10.2016 um 15:14 schrieb Mingcai SHEN:
I'm using TG2.3.9 with Jinja2 templates, and when I run "
extract_messages", it does not extract any strings from jinja files
inside {% trans %} block or {{ gettext('') }} etc...

This should work. Are you sure your templates have the extension ".jinja" (and not ".jinja2" or ".html") and are living in the templates directory (as specified in Are you sure there is no syntax error in the jinja template? In Jinja 2.7 errors are silently ignored by default, so it's recommended to set silent=false or use Jinja 2.8.

-- Chris

"TurboGears Trunk" group.
To post to this group, send email to
Visit this group at