On Oct 5, 2006, at 7:14 AM, ant elder wrote:

On 10/5/06, Jeremy Boynes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think organizing the samples like this is a good idea. I'd suggest
going one step further and place each sample with the implementation
of the service that it is illustrating. That way it becomes much
easier to tag/release each module on its own.

I'm not sure I follow "place each sample with the implementation of the
service that it is illustrating" , do you mean something like:

samples/helloworld/java
samples/helloworld/javascript
samples/calculator/java
samples/calculator/javascript

Or do you mean include them with the extension so the JavaScript folder would include samples/helloworld and samples/calculator? I didn't think Jim liked this way, from the previous thread - "In other words, each sample project should not be a sibling to the project containing extension code but
should go under a samples folder in separate projects".

Yes, I mean moving the samples into (e.g.) the Javascript folder so that JavaScript becomes a standalone module that can be treated as a single item when it comes to building/releasing. We've seen from sdo and das that grouping things in that way makes this much much easier.

--
Jeremy