In many cases building the sample does not actually prove anything as they are not executed. This applies, for example, to the webapp-based samples we have. When they are executed, we still don't know that they run in the end-user environment - e.g. the standalone samples that run from SCATestCase but which fail to run from the launcher.

Where they should be built/run is as part of an integration test suite. We don't have that ATM.
--
Jeremy