Ismael Garrido said unto the world upon 2005-12-12 23:07:
> Will Harris wrote:
> 
> 
>>Any of you familar with SPE 
>><http://freshmeat.net/projects/spe/?branch_id=44185&release_id=214367> 
>>? I found this just recently on freshmeat and was curious if anyone 
>>had used it? If so how well it works and what not. This caught my 
>>attention because its cross platform (written in python).
> 
> 
> Try it. :)
> 
> I don't like that it's not able to run all that IDLE can run... Things 
> like pygame don't go well with SPE.
> 
> BTW: Does anyone know how to change the color configuration? I really 
> like IDLE's one.. Kinda grew up with that one, I'd love to see it in SPE
> 
> Ismael


Hi Ismael, Will, and all,

I've just started using spe in the last week or so. I'm still 
undecided if the interface is too busy, or if the extra tools make it 
worthwhile.

I share Ismael's preference for IDLE's colour scheme. I've yet to fix 
it, but I did get as far as reading this spe forum post 
<http://developer.berlios.de/forum/forum.php?thread_id=18002&forum_id=12695>
which points out the file to change by hand.

The definitions live in the PythonBaseSTC.SetStyles method of that 
module. I've not yet done the changes save for getting rid of italics 
on the comments, but that worked just fine.

(Ismael, if you do it, would you mind emailing me the changed text 
privately? Thanks.)

Best to all,

Brian vdB

_______________________________________________
Tutor maillist  -  [email protected]
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tutor

Reply via email to