On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 15:52, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 14:57 -0500, Albert Cahalan wrote:
> > The 800x600 display has a different-shaped canvas. Rather than
> > filling with white or screwing up the aspect ratio, I smeared
> > the edges.
>
> Maybe the simpler solution is to change the layout of 800x600 mode so
> that the canvas isn't a different shape?

I'd agree if monitor shapes weren't changing.

I have fixed-resolution 1600x1024. For development, I like
to use a 640x768 window. None of the new Macs come with the
old 4:3 ratio.

The standard canvas shape would look very silly on my screen.
There would be lots of dead space, or a very different layout
for the buttons.