On Jul 17, 6:19 pm, Helmsing <helms...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I attended last Wednesday's non-airing pilot taping of the new
> "Let'sMakeaDeal."  Here are some notes:

And now, an update, from Saturday's edition of Steve Beverly's "Game
Show Fix" newsletter. Great news!

****CBS PICKS UP Let’s Make a Deal, DEBUT DATE UNCLEAR

CBS has given the green light for a remake of Let’s Make a Deal.  Show
owner and co-creator Monty Hall was given the word Friday.

The new edition will be a co-production with FremantleMedia.  THE FIX
has not received word if the new version will be a full hour or a half-
hour.  Still waiting on word, as of Friday, was producer Michael
Davies on the fate of Million Dollar Pyramid.

Unclear is whether the new version of Deal, hosted by former Don’t
Forget the Lyrics! emcee Wayne Brady, will be one of the replacements
for Guiding Light----scheduled for cancellation in late September.

THE FIX will be efforting contact with Hall Monday.

-Tim
(P.S. "Efforting contact"? I did a Google search on the word
"efforting," and the first hit was a definition from
urbandictionary.com: "A made up word used only by newscasters to show
off that they're doing the job they're paid to do. A poor attempt to
make the word ‘effort’ into a verb." How appropriate.)