On Jul 17, 6:19 pm, Helmsing <helms...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I attended last Wednesday's non-airing pilot taping of the new "Let's
> Make a Deal."  Here are some notes:
>
> - I didn't hear any theme music, just a lady (maybe the accompianist
> from Whose Line Is It Anyway?) who played a drum set, chimes,
> keyboard, etc.  Was that a fixture from the 60s version?

Yes, the original version had a live band:
http://www.letsmakeadeal.com/music.htm

> - Wayne Brady was great: was livelier and more energetic than when I
> went to a taping of TPIR with Drew Carey the previous day

Good to know. The show needs someone who can make it fun.

> - I think this show has a lot of potential because most people sitting
> near me had never heard of nor seen the original (I'm 27, but am very
> familiar from reruns of the original).  It has a special resonance in
> today's economy with the need for quick cash and "making deals" -- I
> think today's audience, weaned on Deal or No Deal type shenanigans,
> would go for this kind of last-minute, nail-biting, trivia-lacking
> game showery.  Think of all of the costume potential.  What was the
> "risque" adult revival like someone posted about on here?

Here's the first nine minutes of the Billy Bush version's premiere.
Stick around for the whole clip, as painful as it is. As bad as it is
to see an innuendo-filled deal, it may be even worse to see Monty Hall
show up for a lame joke at the end of the clip, thus practically
giving the whole thing his endorsement.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBWTQDLb7cs

-Tim