As I mentioned earlier, I always find NBC boosterism of team USA obnoxious,
and my interest in watching the Olympics (Winter or Summer) is unaffected
by how well the Americans are doing. I really have become interested in
Biathalon, I literally have seen every event, and find it compelling even
without US medalists. I have become a huge fan of the great French
Biathalete Martin Fourcade, even though I had never hear of him before.

But my main point is that I think NBC has developed an excellent way to
make the Games available to those who are interested. For the Winter Games
it is pretty much using one broadcast and 1+ cable channels (NBCSports and
some curling and hockey on CNBC), plus every event available pretty easily
online (and on Xfinity at least, these can be accessed through my On Demand
menu). The Summer Games require I think 5 cable channels (NBCSports, CNBC,
USA, MSNBC and maybe USA too?).

What I am wondering is, now that the standard has been set, who else could
really offer a similar experience? I guess the Disney family could - ABC
plus however many ESPN channels there are (it seems like they are capable
of putting up extra channels as needed?). I don’t know if the various Fox
stations are able to cooperate like this, if so I guess they could put
together 4 channels. But what would CBS do?