I thought this was just insurance that people kept talking football in spite of
tomorrow's games probably being a letdown compared to last weekend.  But I'm
far from an expert.DavidSent on my Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy S7.
-------- Original message --------From: Adam Bowie <a...@adambowie.co.uk> Date:
1/29/22  15:33  (GMT-08:00) To: tvornottv <tvornottv@googlegroups.com> Subject:
Re: [TV orNotTV] Conflicting Reports on Brady Retirement Very entertaining to
think that this has completely screwed up some carefully orchestrated
announcement via a high-profile interview that is trailed in advance and is
ratings gold for whichever channel was down to get the exclusive.In other news,
in the UK, ITV's lead newscaster is called Tom Bradby - with an extra 'B'.
Think the equivalent of Lester Holt. He also writes thrillers in his spare
time. He's enjoying getting quite a lot of misdirected Tweets this evening:
https://twitter.com/tombradby/status/1487564502929448978AdamOn Sat, Jan 29,
2022 at 11:24 PM PGage <pga...@gmail.com> wrote:We are seeing an interesting
case study in journalism today on a high profile but low stakes story. ESPN,
citing anonymous sources, reported that Tom Brady is retiring, and multiple
outlets picked it up and ran with it. The AP is now reporting that Brady has
called the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to say he is far from making up his mind. I
have seen a Tweet where an ESPN reporter says Brady is retiring, but has not
made up his mind about when to announce.It looks like Brady is retiring, and
someone close to him spilled the beans too soon, and now they are trying to put
the toothpaste back in the tube so Brady can make his own dramatic
announcement. It’s not really a big deal either way, but it illustrates the
danger of basing big stories on anonymous sources. ESPN did use the plural, so
I assume there was more than one. I think there is a place for anonymous
sourcing, but in the days when news organizations cared about their credibility
and reputation for accuracy, they would have probably waited longer, not
quicker to report if relying on anonymous sources to get additional
confirmation.
https://apnews.com/article/tom-brady-retirement-reports-8ec48cdfdcc5f0dd4650b0572dd15252--
 Sent from Gmail Mobile

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tvornottv/CAKGtkYJFR49_attJ1BLHynYy%2BiWLkc71%3Dvtac08-0RaWvZs8Tg%40mail.gmail.com.