On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Nicole Simon <nee...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 11:34 PM, guruvan <guru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Dossy, not this doesn't work for me. I don't really a) have time or b)
>> want to unfollow a new follower (and likely new user of twitter)
>> because of poor first judgement. I would like to simply opt-out of
>> those types of messages. At even just a couple thousand followers, I
>> get so many of those a day I can't see my "real" DMs from people I
>> wish to talk to.
>

> If you don't have the time to do it, then hire somebody to do it.

Am I really hearing this right?  So now *I* have to lose money because I'm
getting spam??? Yeah right.

> Or don't follow people and make better judegement.

I have my own way of using Twitter - why should the spammers dictate this
for me? The minute I lose this control is the minute Twitter loses its value
for me.

> And again; You can switch off receiving DMs.

How do I switch off receiving DMs?  I get DMs no matter what.  I can turn
off notifications, but not DMs.

btw I am in no way saying that I do agree with Mass DM or anything.
> It is just that you do blame the wrong part of the equation for it.

It certainly sounds like you do.  What auto-DM or mass-DM service are you
running again?

Jesse