Thanks Doug. I'm anxiously looking forward to the answer to that question -
it will make things much better for those of us running scripts on the
backend who want to verify when our users have changed their passwords with
Twitter so we can notify them to change with us as well.
I understand this week's  circumstances, but it isn't the first time this
has happened.  The more notice Twitter can give us on any change you make,
especially with limits, the better - my entire weekend was spoiled (and I'm
visiting my parents in Boston) trying to re-factor code because of this.  Is
there any way Twitter can consider doing what Facebook is doing and release
new changes into a beta environment for a week before it goes live?  That
would at least ensure we always have a week to test our changes, regardless
of notice.  The less surprise, the better, IMHO.

I hope this sounds constructive, more than critical - it is intended to help
improve, rather than just troll or criticize.  I hope it is taken as such.

Jesse