On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 9:20 AM, Dale Merritt <mogul...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Don't waste your time.  If you have Twitter in your domain name, you could
> be put out of business if you don't cease and desist. I've seen it first
> hand.  They bury you in a law suit, wrong or right is not the point.  These
> companies have a huge lawyer group and bat you around for fun.

This doesn't take into account the fact that Twitter is certainly able to
grant permission to use its trademarks, just as, for example, Ford allows
its dealers, parts suppliers and others to use "Ford" in their names and
domain names.  Search "Ford parts" and you'll find plenty of examples.

Twitter would be a bit nutty if it didn't allow some of its partners to use
its name.  Seems like bad advice to tell people to stop all use.

Nick