> > > When you know your code is going to be seen you either avoid doing
> > > stupid things like hard coding credentials or you learn fast that
> > > configuration data is not code.
> > 
> > Fair enough. So how do you do it? How do I distribute a desktop or
> > mobile device application - open source or closed - that uses my OAuth
> > credentials in such a way as to protect my credentials from being
> > discovered?
> > 
> > Seriously, how do you do that?
> 
> You don't distribute your credentials with the App. You include a
> README file that tells implementors how to get and install their own
> keys.

No barrier to entry there. ;-)

-- 
------------------------------------ personal: http://www.cameronkaiser.com/ --
  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * [email protected]
-- "I'd love to go out with you, but I'm rethreading my toothbrush bristles." -

Reply via email to