Do what zillions of other applications do:

"Would you like to register your copy of [application name]?  We
promise not to spam you or sell your email address.  Registration will
ensure that you know when new versions are released and it lets us
know who's using our application!"

Is this information worth $10/month?  Randomly select one registered
user each month and send them an iTunes gift card.  You'd be AMAZED
how much personal information users will give up for something like
that.