Well I checked it out, and it says 150 is the rate limit on any random
member, except my actual account is set 20000.

Now this seems like it only whitelisted my actual account. I obviously
can't ask all the members to request a whitelist from twitter, that
would thousands upon thousands of requests.

Maybe it's a combination of latency and the rate limit? Is the rate
limit only for users and not for the particular address that it's
coming from? Or is it also limiting it on based where the feed update
is coming from?

Some more background for help. We rarely actually pull in their feeds,
all we do is just post. Does this affect the rate limit at all?

Thanks for all the replies guys! I really appreciate it :D