We've experienced this at random, whether the user has 1+ million
followers or whether they have 20 followers. I generally don't mind if
the post has the timestamp of 15~ minutes past the time we actually
sent the request. As far as the timestamp being posted, that is also
delayed as well.

I can guess we are running into a posting limit. I've actually had to
cut back on our 20 minute cron jobs that checks whether a user is
playing a game on steam/xbox etc.. We really ran into big latency
issues when the cron was still posting the updates. We generally saw
the updates coming many hours later, and sometimes days later. I
suspect that it's were running into a posting limit like you
mentioned. Is there a posting limit? When we post the updates, we
don't receive any errors. This has plagued me because I'm always
assuming the problem is on our end, but I can never find any good
reason for it not to be working.