Thanks for the reply Chad. I just tried it again and it worked great.

Do you have any stats about how often tweets are dropped from
indexing? It make me a bit nervous to make this change to my app if
there is a chance that I won't see a significant number of messages.

Also, is there any thought about revealing a "spam score" for a tweet
or for an account. That is, if each tweet or account had a score
indicating the likelihood of that tweet or account being spam then
different clients could set different thresholds based on their
tolerance for such things. Just an idea.

Regards,
Evan Jacobs (@evanjacobs)
http://idrankthis.com (@idrankthis)