I currently have a script running on my server using basic
authentication and tweeting rss feeds to a number of different
accounts.

I want to do something similar to that but using OAuth (seeing as I
cant register an application for basic auth anymore). But I'm lost,
OAuth requires a browser to work doesn't it? but my script wont be run
from a browser.

Do I have to make an authorize page and load that in a web browser to
get the access tokens and then put them into my script? Will they ever
expire? Is there a way to automatically get the access tokens without
me making a web page that will ask me to login to twitter and
authenticate?