From: twitter-development-talk@googlegroups.com
[mailto:twitter-development-t...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Abraham
Williams
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 01:26
To: twitter-development-talk@googlegroups.com
Subject: [twitter-dev] Re: First time working with OAuth want to do some
automated stuff

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 18:50, Hintswen <hints...@gmail.com> wrote:

I currently have a script running on my server using basic
authentication and tweeting rss feeds to a number of different
accounts.

I want to do something similar to that but using OAuth (seeing as I
cant register an application for basic auth anymore). But I'm lost,
OAuth requires a browser to work doesn't it? but my script wont be run
from a browser.

I'm not sure if you are using PHP but here is a blog post about running
server scripts with OAuth:
http://kovshenin.com/archives/automatic-tweet-oauth/

Do I have to make an authorize page and load that in a web browser to
get the access tokens and then put them into my script?

Yes.

Will they ever expire?

No.

Is there a way to automatically get the access tokens without
me making a web page that will ask me to login to twitter and
authenticate?

You could write an HTML parser to parse the authorization page but that
would be a lot of work and error prone.

Abraham

--
Abraham Williams | Community Evangelist | http://web608.org