My question is if there will be any plans for a whitelist of apps to
allow for persistent geo information?

I post travel tweets and would love to post them with the geo info of
the location, not necessarily where I'm at. In this case persistence
would be beneficial for people who search and find past tweets of
mine.

Mark Wolinski
Travel Off The Cuff
@TravelOTC